united kingdom
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Kharns_Betrayer

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 5a6fce25-fe6a-4a98-a72f-d61ad9067a8b

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes, I have

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes, I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- From my friend ItsOnlyEteck

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- I have gained some experience through playing Table Top RPG's such as Dungeons & Dragons.

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- A form of escapism that allows one or more individuals to take on the roll of fictional characters

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- To intentionally use the rules and system to create an incredibly strong character, item, or skill.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- To use out of game knowledge in game.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A "god-like" character who lacks any form of weaknesses.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out of Character; a term used to reference an event or conversation that occurs outside of the server.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- 1604507776801.png

Name:

- Kharn Lancer

Culture:

- Korsians

Can your character read and write?:

- No. He can make out some simple words while reading, but is unable to write.

Story & Biography
- Kharn is the child of two
mercenaries, Typhon and Aylin Lancer. His parents were trained mounted combatants who would protect various trade caravans within the deserts of Esna for coin; and they were proud worshipers of the Sun god. Kharn spent his early years following in his families footsteps, bonding with animals, training in the blade, and sharpening his tongue. When Kharn reached the age of 20, he secured his first job as a mercenary, him and a handful of other "new-bloods" were tasked with dealing with a small cave of bandits who had been harassing trade caravans for the last few months; five mercenaries were sent to deal with the camp. Once inside, the bandits proved to be more difficult for the new-bloods to deal with. The first fell, then the second. Kharn felt as though all hope was lost, and in an act of desperation he screamed to his god for guidance. As he lowered his head, the lights of the cave flickered as though they were being buffeted by a relentless gust of wind. The air howling around him rendered Kharn almost deaf; there was a glimmering light in Kharns peripheral vision, and seeing it as a sign from the Sun god, he swung his blade at the glowing figure.

As his blood-fuelled rage subsided, Kharn realised what he had done. The glowing figure was not a sign from his beloved god, but instead one of his fellow mercenaries, their armour glowing from a nearby lamp. Kharns mind was flooded with horror, and in a moment of terror he fled the cave to leave the remaining mercenary to die. He can't remember his comrades names, but their blood curdling screams fill his nights with anguish. Kharn doesn't know what happened to his parents, but he spent the next 5 years in hiding, living on the streets and hanging onto what little faith he had left. But recently, something changed in Kharn; he couldn't continue his life of suffering, and swore to the Sun god that he would redeem himself, by any means necessary...

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Kharn spends his first few minutes walking around the camp, inspecting the various individuals waiting there. Once he is comfortable, Kharn attempts to find some animals to "talk" to, finding comfort in the almost non-existent replies that the animals give. He then attempts to find people who may appreciate his words of wisdom, pertaining to his beloved Sun god. Once his preaching is over, Kharn begins to hide amongst the crowd, attempting to supress the never-ending screams within his mind using the ambient sound of the camp.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- Kharn looks over the fish-like food, studying it while. As he fights his hunger-driven anger, he calmly accepts the old woman's offer. "Ma'am, our Sun god and I thank you for your help in my quest! Here, take my coins; and I shall bless this food with the sun's warmth. But do be warned, if this food causes me great ill, my restless night may turn into a howling rage in your fair swamp." Once Kharn has the sea-like food in hand, he creates a large bonfire - in the Sun gods name - and cooks the meal to the best of his untrained ability.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Kharn kneels down next to the soldier and asks for his name. Upon learning the names of both soldiers, Kharn says a short prayer to the sun god, and then quickly and, as painlessly as possible, ends the suffering mans life.
A day or two after the battle, Kharn attempts to return to the fallen soldiers final place of rest, and grant them a proper funeral under the Sun gods watchful eye.

Attachments

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Admin
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.