ACCEPTED Whitelist application

Jast3r

Mar 16, 2019
Netherlands
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Jast3r

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

2d901e76-62ef-4c32-9453-88cbf8008478

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

I was looking for a more mature and serious rollplay server. Not one of those endless "japanise high school rollplay" servers. Or any MMO rollplay servers. Then stumbled apon this server

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

I have been playing D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) as a player and a DM (Dungeon Master, the one running the games) for the last 2 years and loved it. This would be my first rollplay experience in minecraft itself.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Like i said previously, I've played D&D for a while and fell in love with rollplaying characters. I have racked some experience in that field. But with minecraft comes new challenges. I'm eager to play and to interact with the world.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Playing as a persona that you create yourself, it can be modeled after real life people or completely made up ones. Then you interact with a created environment as that persona.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Since this would be my first time rollplaying in minecraft im not sure what it means for minecraft rollplay, but here is what it means in D&D. Only thinking about the strength of your persona or character and making decisions that would go against your persona/character just so he/she can get stronger. This can also include being mean to other players and hoarding loot that you find for yourself or not even telling other players what you found. TLDR; Only focusing on strength and nothing else

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

I'm pretty sure that this term is the same in both systems. Rollplaying with knowlage you would not have in character(IC). Aka, you see a new player and say "Hey there [Username], Nice to meet you". You would not know that players name since it is the first time meeting one another but you could see there name tag, hence you meta gamed.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Hmm, this has quite a few different meanings depending on who you ask. but for me its this: A character that has no flaws or problems. A "perfect" character that has never met any bad thing in there life and only does bad things because of outside factors.

Part 3 of 4

Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Name:

Jaster Hemmings

Culture:

Northern

Story & Biography:

Being born in a blacksmith family Jaster only knew one thing he wanted to be when he grew up, a blacksmith. In the north where combat and survival is of the utmost importance he wanted to provide his fellow countrymen with the tools they needed to survive. His parents never told him of any grand story's of adventure and travel but instead trained him to take up his family trade. He enjoyed his work and seeing others praise him for it gave a satisfying feeling. But he never stopped wondering what it would be like to bring his knowledge elsewhere, and learn the techniques of other cultures.

He was never allowed to leave his place of birth, and was forced to work and stay indoors with a errant or two to take him outside. He was taught respect and discipline, quality's he needed for his trade. But somewhere in him, he never truly wanted to stay in one place. But see what the outside word had to offer him, perhaps even teach him. Thus after saving up money for a fine made outfit that tells others he is knowledgeable and perhaps worthy of sharing information with.

(OOC: I'm open to change the backstory and origin, but i think it would be fun to be a traveling blacksmith. Young and eager to learn new things before settling down somewhere)

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Go towards the woman, Having no experience in fighting but having raw strength to swing his smiting hammer he is comfident he can carry the woman to a nearby doctor, or help her stable the bleeding. Life is more important than money

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Wander trough the camp to see what the shopping stalls are selling. Looking for anyone selling finely crafted metal wares. If he finds any try to convince the seller to give him the name of the craftsman that created them. If he finds any names, write them up and create more destinations for his journey.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: Ask the Crone what she/he means with unpleasant. Then depending on my hunger, health and the answer of the crone. eat it if i have no other choice. then ask the crone to directions to the nearest settlement.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: (OOC: In this senario im assuming the enemy soldiers would be hostile to me) Tell the enemy in frond of me to take some sort of memento of his friend next to him and recommend that he leaves this fight as he has no fighting spirit left. Then move away in a hurry while being weary of the soldier I left behind. Then tell my commanding officer of the enemy position and continue with this fight.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Explain them that i to am of Northern ancestry and that i could repair their metal wares in exchange for safe rest and possibly some traveling supplies for the road ahead. If they refuse and become hostile i try to run for my life in the general direction i came from (known terrain for me)

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
You will now be whitelisted on the server; though I will contact you privately to discuss the skin for your character to make it more fitting to your chosen race.
Additionally, the rule of thumb for roleplay doesn't change much in the context of playing on a minecraft server. We use it to visualise areas, characters and the belongings they may have, among other things, but the core of roleplay remains as it would on any other platform. :)
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.
You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.