ACCEPTED Whitelist Application

punk roar

May 10, 2019
USA
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username:
punk_roar

Full UUID for your MineCraft account:
165c2b3b-c83b-49ed-8a47-0dd0f9faa287

How old are you?

Have you read through our rules?
Yep
Do you agree with our rules?
Yep!

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
Googling "Minecraft Roleplay"

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
yep! Forum, Minecraft, etc. I’ve tried it all!

Is there anything you would like to add?
nope!

Terms & definitions

What do you define as roleplaying?
playing the part (..."role", heh) of a character. Speaking as them, acting as them, etc.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’
Making yourself powerful, invincible, always winning battles, etc.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’
Using OOC knowledge to influence IC RP without an IC way of learning that knowledge.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A character who is "perfect" - no flaws, powergamer, liked by everyone, etc. etc. One-dimensional.

Part 3 of 4

Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.
2019-05-10_00.23.56 (2).png

Name:
Sethria Marcna

Culture:
Oserian

Story & Biography:
Sethria was born into a family of peasant farmers. From an early age, she began working with her mother and siblings, tending to crops and animals and struggling every winter not to starve. She grew up to be a humble, friendly woman raised in the way of the One. Physical possessions mean little to her; she much prefers the company of family and friends to that of cold metals and jewelry.

Her mother once belonged to the Tarishaw, but during the Great Death she had fled to Avendale to be safe from the diease. She met her husband there, and Sethria's siblings a well as herself were raised there with stories of her mother's youth.

When Sethria was 23, her family was getting to the point where finances were unbearable and they started sending their grown children to find new life outside of the farm. They could not afford to stick together, and Sethria was forced to be alone for the first time. She believes her family will be alright, but it's still a thought that haunts her. Her goals now are to find a new family made of friends.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I rush to help the woman, taking off any strips of fabric I can to wrap around her torso and stop the bleeding. I could care less about the goods; her life and survival is more important. Later, when she's recovered, I would be willing to help her talk to someone about the robbery. But for now, I need to get her to a clinic.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp isfilled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I spend my time as peacefully as possible. With the shopping stalls, I barter and trade what I have, which is mostly foods and animal products. I may not be able to sell my goods to those I wished to originally, but I am able to help these people out instead.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I offer work in exchange for food and bed. I tell them of my history, my expertise with farm work. I am willing to work, for no coin, just a bed and enough food to last me the rest of my journey through my tundra.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
Just consider the negative effects certain situations would have on your character(for example, alcohol) and try to act them out accordingly when you're on the server.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.