Whitelist Application

Rennen

Jun 9, 2019
Sweden
MineCraft Username(s):
Rennen0

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s)
14460d6c-952e-4a5f-8e38-ed824d7632e8

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read through our rules?
Yes!

Do you agree with our rules?
Mostly, but i'm willing to follow rules i'm unsure about.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
was server hunting out of boredom and stumbled across some roleplay servers, this one sounded interesting and not as overwhelming as the others.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
I have some experience. Def need to brush up on my roleplaying though.

Is there anything you would like to add?
Nah

Terms & definitions
W
hat do you define as roleplaying?
Acting and speaking as a character.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’
Making your character too powerful (according to the rules and others opinion of your character) Like never getting hurt, being too strong etc.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’
Using things you know IRL to use in the roleplay that your character would have no way of knowing.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A perfect character. No flaws, everyone likes them, unrealistic abilities.

Character Creation

Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

2019-06-09_18.07.10.png

Name:

Agnar Ahlstedt

Culture:

Oserian

Story & Biography:

Agnar's a generous man with one goal in life, to open a successful inn and to befriend everyone that enters it. His friendliness is something that's relatively new to him, at a young age he was frequently picking on other kids and had a hard time empathising with humans and animals. He decided to change his ways when in his early teens his father passed away due to illness and saw the way his Mother was struggling to keep what was left of their family together. Even though many years has passed since then, he can't help but to feel extreme guilt.

Open-ended questions

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Run up to the woman to make sure she is ok. Try to get her to safety, maybe in the tavern if it's not too crowded and chaotic. If the tavern happens to be too inappropriate to bring a wounded person into then i'd knock around looking for help. If both of these doesn't work out, i'd attempt to tend to her wound myself with whatever i have on me before i attempt to bring her to a doctor.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Chat with any awake refugees and maybe take a little stroll around the shopping stalls , i'd try to sell some wares to make my time spent in the city shorter.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I'd spare him and probably avoid killing again no matter what cost.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
I've decided to accept because there's nothing inherently wrong with the application other than the couple short open-endeds. However, once on the server, you should think of your character more like a man who has lived for 30 years. There should be something that drives him to get than inn, some story behind why should that be his only dominant aspiration. Reconsider his characteristics and experiences because that is the only way you'll be able to act him out properly. :)
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.