ACCEPTED Whitelist Application

brevina

Apr 21, 2019
North Eastern United States
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - brevina

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - a8e7d61f-3fb0-476b-84df-b8f40be829fa

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have read through the rules

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I do agree with the rules

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I did not really hear about Tale of Banners, I just happened to come across the server while looking for a proper medieval roleplay server

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I have roleplayed here and there numerous times and have been a staff member regarding roleplay on a few servers where I have written a lot of lore and many, many characters.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Not that I can think of, no.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - To me, roleplaying is an escape from reality. When you roleplay you have the subtle and greatly needed sometimes, ability to be someone who you are not. Or in the case of medieval or historical roleplays, a member of a time period that you wish you had been born.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is when you do things in a maximum context, an example of this is being a flawless fighter and never being able to lose a single fight to anyone, despite any training.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is when in certain ways, you break the 'fourth wall', using knowledge OOC for your own use. Example: *she thought that she wanted to kill him* to you going *He would swing his sword at her thigh, anticipating an attack*. Without the first action, the second would not make sense any other way, because the person metagamed.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - Rey from The Force Awakens. On a serious note, a Mary-Sue character is one who does not make sense at all, and is covered so thickly in plot-armor it is wonderous that they are even able to move. They are generalized characters that are given, as aforementioned, thick plot armor, in order to easily reach their goals.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -
2019-08-16_18.38.05.png

Name: Ashlyn Page

Culture: Oserian

Story & Biography:
My name is Ashlyn Page. Some people have the last name baker, for if they are bakers, or smiths, for, you guessed it, smiths. But my last name is Page, and it truly is a sad story as to why it is Page. My uncle, the brother of my late father, once rode to Dunsgate on a King's demand. It was the Oserian Conquest of Elswhine, a dangerous war that left him with a pageship after some battles. It was all for naught however, as he was executed on that same king's demand for betrayal. He dishonored our family, who at the time, had been very proud of him. We lost all of the acres that he had been granted. So life became very hard, and at fourteen, normally I would be getting married, but my father could not even afford a dowry. So in my spare time I practiced with sticks that I had come across, always hiding it when my father drew near, but a girl had to learn how to protect herself.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer:

I didn't usually drink this heavy. But tonight, I just guess that I let things get away from me. Anyway, as I was stumbling outside onto the street I noticed a thief about to escape after stabbing a woman. I couldn't do anything about the thief, especially in my state. But perhaps I could help the woman. I yelled for the city watch to come, as the thief quickly scattered upon hearing that he'd been found out. I ripped some cloth off of my rags and tried my best to stop the bleeding.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer:
"I understand." I would say to the kind soldier, though it was normal for me to be somewhat pushed aside to refugee camps, I was still somewhat bitter. But I decided to make the best of it, I could use some of my spare thread to knit more wares and earn some more money maybe. Eventually, I earned a lot more money than I would have if I had not been forced to sleep in the camp.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer:
After being impressed into service by the King of Oseria, I became a nurse, the only real place for a woman on the battlefield, although I bet that I could best nearly half the high knights in a fight. I rushed quickly toward the soldier who had fallen, even though he was an enemy. There wasn't a nurse for miles most likely, maybe in the charging band of soldiers that were about to clash. But I had to act quickly, I lowered the dagger that I had carried in case he tried to attack, when it became apparent he was in no state to do so. I had some spare gauze in my pocket that I quickly wrapped around his arm, tightly to stop the bleeding. Trying my best to get him to be quiet, and drag him off the field.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

My only real concern is about your last open ended response. I'll let it go in the image that you're describing the young girl's arrogance rather than actual skill, but there's little reason set up for her to beat any knight! Don't go fightin' everyone once on the server, that might lead to an early downfall.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.