DENIED Whitelist Application

Devoronox

Oct 3, 2019
U.S.
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - CarpeMomentum

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - e449c9f8-082b-4dbe-989e-e07676513516

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - My age is 22 years.

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I agree with the rules stated.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I discovered the Tale of Banners website while searching for Minecraft Fantasy Rp servers.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I have some roleplay experience, albeit fairly limited.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - There are many reasons I would love to join an Rp community like this, one of my top ones being the excellent lore that is produced here.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - To act out a fantasy, either by one's self or with a group.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Using any or all means necessary to reach the wanted outcome.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - The use of external factors that exceed the rules, to affect an outcome in-game.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - In my opinion, a "Mary-Sue" character is someone who is perfect or lacking any flaws. This is often viewed as the idealized version of the author of said character.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.

Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 1570154992889.png

Name:

Answer - Freja Stendahl

Answer - 32 years

Culture:

Answer - Of the Summit Folk Clan, Northerners. Believer of the Way of the Five, especially Hedren, the spirit of honor.

Story & Biography:

Answer - Was born on November 15th, 1011 A.T. in the Jarldom of the Northern Summit, capital city Norvaskr, to a commoner father and mother. Was raised to the age of fifteen, and then underwent the initiation ceremony to become a believer of the Way of the Five in the Thanedom of Norvaskr. From then on, Freja strove to be a like to Hedren, the spirit of honor. By the age of twenty-five, Freja had joined the Norvaskr military and become a frontline soldier of the special light infantry line, the Berserkers. In all the years Freja has been a part of the military, defending the Northfolk and guarding against corrupt clans, she has not come across anyone who would be a potential love interest. Now that she has reached the age of thirty-two, and been a beserker for more then ten years, Freja has been assigned to aid Warrior units guard the southwestern border of the Jarldom of the Melting Lands against any who would bring harm to travelers or merchants journeying between the three regions of the Northfolk.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: After seeing the thief escaping from the wounded victim I would have rushed to ensure her immediate safety, then swiftly given chase to the thief, seeing as he had intentionally attacked and wounded someone weaker than him, which goes against the teachings of the Spirit Hedren. If I do manage to catch the thief, I would at the very least have the victim's property returned to her, and the man taken to the authorities to be properly punished for his actions. If the thief had been a member of the Way of the Five, I would have reported him to the closest chieftain so he would undergo a fitting trial for his offense; most likely combat against a Marauder, seeing as he committed attempted murder.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Seeing that the Northerners' history with the Korsians is not the brightest, I would not pick the city of Telth to sell my wares, seeing as I would have a higher likelihood of being ripped off in a deal, or attacked. If I by chance absolutely had to sell my wares in Telth, and was forced to wait in the refugee camp I would have spent my time studying the others around me and gathering information on how the citizens of Telth would treat outsiders, especially ones from foreign countries. If I determine that the chances of my being attacked or swindled are high enough, or I had to wait for a period of time longer than a day for entry to the city, I would simply chose to travel to a different, less hostile town to sell my wares in.

Question 3(deleted)

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Seeing this situation on a battlefield, I would have approached the distressed enemy soldier and told him that he and the dead soldier fought bravely for their cause and could now die in peace. This soldier came to the battle knowing that he would have to kill or be killed, thus I would chose to finish him off, lest he be able to come back later and kill more of my people. Although it would not be as honorable to kill a weakened opponent, the other soldier would have been considered brave unto the end, seeing as he had not run away from the battlefield after seeing everything unfold before them.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: After discovering aforesaid village, I would attempt to explain to the chieftain that I hail from a similar village to theirs, seeing as my home resides in the frozen city of Norvaskr. I would only ask to stay long enough to restock my supplies and rest for a day, then leave the village. I would promise the villagers that I would return one day to repay them for their kindness, seeing as I must return their honor with my own.

GreenHarmony

Wet Bread Crumb
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

I can see that you're excited about the server and its lore, however we need to work out a few bumps before I can finalise the approval!

Make the following edits to your application:

1. We generally aim for characters to gain their experiences(such as those of combat) on the server itself. Keep in mind that mentioning years of service in your character's backstory will still keep yours at a level with everyone else's - consider implementing this in the backstory. Maybe physical/psychological trauma that makes her lose her abilities?

2a. In your open ended responses, you seem to be having trouble putting your character at proper odds with the difficult scenarios set up for you. Also, particularly in the first one, the conditions of the situation seem to be entirely ignored. At the start of their journey, think of your character more of an everyday human being at than the hero of a far and wide sung saga.

2b. If it helps, look more into powergaming and mary-sues, read the scene more carefully, then edit your response.

3. Please pick a skin with clothing rather than armour. Equipment on the server isn't all that common to come by and would have to be sourced in roleplay to be displayed on your skin.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible. Contact me over Discord if necessary!

Good luck!