Whitelist Application

Oct 20, 2019
United States
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Hirnarth

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - b4e8343d-6eb5-4bd7-a5c1-9fc9b9fe5e16

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I discovered the server while searching for a high quality roleplay server for me and a friend

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Nothing in particular, but I am really excited to play on this server, as the world is very exciting and creatively written

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Creating a character and adopting their personality in order to play the role and most importantly, have fun. Roleplaying is an excersize in creativity and acting, in addition to having fun.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - To the best of my abilities, powergaming is sorta like playing the game only for the purpose of making the most powerful character possible. While a good recipe for success in the game, it does not allow for very pleasant player interractions, nor a good time for others in general. It can negate good roleplay, and subtract from the story.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Playing the game with knowledge known by the player, but not necessarily the character. It breaks the game, and often costs players the pleasure of playig through encounters.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character who often lacks weaknesses or flaws, the sort of "perfect character". A "Mary Sue" chcracter can and often is a self insert character for the author, though is not always. Powergaming and metagaming in games such as D&D can lead to characters becoming "Mary Sue"'s

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - See attached

Name:

Answer - Hirnarth Carthalion

Answer - 24

Culture:

Answer - Northerners

Story & Biography:

Answer - Hirnarth is a young lad in search of fame and glory, in much the same way as many Northern men such as he. While more caring and kind than his culture would deem fit for a warrior (such as he desires to be), Hirnarth can't help but try to lend a helping hand wherever he goes. Because of this, he has not seen his homeland nor his family in well over 5 years, and may not see them for much longer. However. for the glory of his clan, McFife, he quests onwards, looking for greater glory and adventure, so that he may find redemption for the wrongs of his past, or vengeance against those who have wronged him.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Though my instincts tell me to apprehend the thief and make him pay for his crimes, my heart tells me to attend to the woman first and see to it that she survives. There will always be time to take life, but the time for saving lives is often short and precious. Though the thief may escape tonight, I can always track them down later and return the jewelry. The woman may not last long enough for me to take down the thief right now however, so she takes priority.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: I will sheathe my weapon, give them my hand, and say "Come with me. I am sorry for your loss, but time is short and if you are to honor their memory, then death is not the path you must follow". Depending on their reaction, I may then grab them and tell them to run, or I will haul them to their feet, grab the body, and run them to the outskirts of the battlefield so that they may mourn and carry on with their life.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I will search for an inn and get food, and pay for lodging. Not being frinedly towards strangers shouldn't mean that they will turn away good coin , though if they should, then I will do my best to persuade them to help me, even if it means doing some menial labor or other odd jobs. If I am kicked out or otherwise not welcomed, I will not try to fight the village, since their lives are likely hard enough as it is, and also hope that I can find shelter elsewhere, or possibly I will go door to door in the village to try to find someone willing to help.

Attachments

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Elaborate on this clan in your backstory. McFife doesn't sound like a very northerny name for a group, for starters. Perhaps some explanation on what it actually is might fix that.

2. Consider the situations set before you in the open-endeds more carefully and try to redo them. Think about how powergaming comes in play when you're ignoring the set premise of heavy drinking in the question about the oserian tavern and how you attempt to carry what is presumably an armoured soldier in the battlefield one.

3. Please find a skin without armour. You can use the one you've provided once your character obtains armour(it being scarce in our setting), though even then, I'm not sure what the insignia on the chest would stand for.. unless it's meant to be a stag, the banner of Longwinters?

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!