ACCEPTED - YX__DarknessOfTerror__XY's Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED YX__DarknessOfTerror__XY's Whitelist Application

Oct 28, 2020
Switzerland
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- DarknessOfTerror

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-98a176c4-2c53-4cc6-acf3-6d8dc1f0c6fc

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes, i did.

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes, i do.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I was looking for a Roleplay server and saw yours in an advertisement website (I forgot their name)

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes, i actually do

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Playing a character that you want to be (Of course with some rules)

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-A unfair way to make your own character stronger. You cant force someone to be this or do that!

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-The kind of cheating in an roleplaygame i hate the most. Its not fair to use informations, which your character CAN'T KNOW!

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A Character thats TOO perfect and everything.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Falling out of your Character. When you have to leave the game or if you think

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-
2020-10-28_17.39.45.png
Name:

-DarknessOfTerror

Culture:

- last member of the esnian magicans

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes, he can.

Story & Biography
-DarknessOfTerror is the last member of an group of magicans. He killed all of his other members to be the only one of his kind. With everyday, DarknessOfTerror learns more and more spells which help him fight or defend. He doesn't have any friends, but always welcomes guests friendly and kind. His only weakness? Its a little bit embarassing, buthis weakness is kindness. I know: Totaly weak, right? But still you dont want to cross him. (Sideinfo: I will always ask someone first if i can use this spell on them, and if they say no, then i figure out something else, because i want everybody is happy and i dont want to powerplay)

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- Follow the Thief, because you love shiny things, then, when he doesn't notice, you grab the jewellery and try to use one of your spells, which didn't work and you have to fight the Thief by yourself.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- I would sell all of my stuff there because you see a customer in everyone.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-use one of your magical spells to make the food eatable for you

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- end the suffering of the soldier and use an spell to turn into a shadow. Then you dissapear like nothing happened...

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-You dont approach the village, because you are to weak to fight, and continue on wandering around the Tundra.

And thats it then. I hope you'll accept me because i really like your server and your comunity.

Have a nice day
YX__DarknessOfTerror__XY

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1.Your mary sue lacks length and depth. Please put at least 2 sentences.

2."Darkness of Terror" is quite the edgy name, it seems almost cartoonist, if you can you can have it as a nickname but we would like your in character birth name on there if possible.

3. I am sorry to say but our setting is a non magical one. We do not have mages or spells, however you are free to believe in the magic of your own creation, but be aware those effects may not actually influence the environment outside your own mind.

4. Your backstory lacks depth and history, please try and use server lore and history for it if you can. Try to add 3 defining personality traits that make him feel HUMAN. Try and think how he gained these traits and how they effect his everyday life.

5. Your minecraft skin doesn't seem to match our standards, we do wish for all skins to have human faces on them if possible. The robes look great but however we would like it if you were to make the hood on the 2nd layer and have a face able to be seen underneath.

6.Your culture choices range from Oserian, Korsian, Drahl and Northerner.

7. Your open ended questions lack the quality which we need. If you can, please provide conversations and interactions between your character and the npcs presented to you. I would love to see 3 questions awnsered with 3 good sized sentences or more.

8. Your biography does not use server lore. You will need two lore items, one which must not be a location. You can use things such as religion, flora, and fauna. You also need to work on the capitalization of letters for your Biography.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

I really look forward to seeing this application be improved apon and approved, Good luck!

Oct 28, 2020
Switzerland
-A Mary-Sue character is too overpowered and lamost GODlike. A Character with no weaknesses, a fantasy creation.

-His new name will be : Daracnos

-My new Character won't be magical anymore

-Daracnos, a member of the Drahl culture, hides in the darkest parts in the mountains with other members of the Drahr culture, being mad at anyone approaching him. That has one major reason: During a war, he lost, whats most important to him: His family. The only feeling, that he feels right now, is sadness, anger and fear. sometimes he visits some of his members, but in the main time, no one really knows what he doing. Only people of the Drahl culture can visit him at least. And something really important about him is: He never breaks a promise. Never.

-Like in his story told, he is one of the Drahr culture.

-Question 1:

You run to the injured woman and help her by stopping the bleeding. You scream around with the hope that someone hears your call. You were lucky, a man followed your scream. But instead of helping you, he accuses you to hurt that woman and pulls you on the ground. but the woman, stopped the man and told him everything. He excused himself and you both lifted the woman and brought here to the nearest doctor. She thanks you for saving her back there. Then you responsed with an you're welcome. As you want to leave, the woman asks you something: "Can you promise me to get that Thief?" You didnt hesitate a second and said: "I will get this Thief. I promise."

-Question 3:

You told the woman, that you aren't an outsider, but one of the Drahl culture. She still tries to convince you that this doesn't matter, but you already took the food. It tastes gross, butat least its something to eat. Then you shared a little bit of the food with the woman. Now you didn't even got some food, but also someone to talk with.

-Question 5:

You approach the village. The residents look at you like you were the most disgusting thing they've ever seen. You go from door to door asking for some food. Some open the doors and close it immediatly, others dont even open their door. Far away you see a farmer with his animals. You ask for food. The farmer just responsed:"We dont give free food to strangers!! You'll have to work for it!" The farmer offers you to help him with the animals for one week. What other choices do you have? You accepted the offer. It wasnt so hard, because the snowstorm stopped after 2 days. While you werde there helping the farmer, the other residents began to like you. You weren't a stranger to them anymore. And for the next time you need a stop in the Tundra, you know that the residents in this village will welcome you with open arms.

And here is a picture of my new skin!!

I hope you like the new character i've made and hope you accept my Application

Have a nice day
YX__DarknessOfTerror__XY

2020-10-29_09.35.10.png

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
twitter.com

You've done so much good work, I'm very proud. Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your biography does not use server lore. You will need two lore items, one which must not be a location. You can use things such as religion, flora, and fauna. You also need to work on the capitalization of letters for your Biography.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

I really look forward to seeing this application be improved apon and approved, Good luck!​

Oct 28, 2020
Switzerland
-Daracnos, a member of the Drahl culture, hides in the darkest parts in the mountains with other members of the Drahr culture, being mad at anyone approaching him. That has one major reason: During a war between Drahl and the Crookmen, he lost, whats most important to him: His family. After the end of the war, he decided that every Crookman crossing his path must die. And because of the destruction after the war he needed to find a new home, which he did far far away in the mountains. Some members of the Drahl weren't happy about his disappearence in the mountains, but they couldn't change his mind. So they told him some placeses where members of the Drahl live. So he moved there, but still after his arrival, he still didnt show any emotion. The only feeling, that he felt, is sadness, anger and fear. Only his friends see his good side. sometimes he visits some of his members, but in the main time, no one really knows what he doing. Only people of the Drahl culture can visit him.Daracnos is a warrior with brown eyes and enough determination to stop an entire army. And something really important about him is: He never breaks a promise. Never.

Oct 28, 2020
Switzerland
-Daracnos is a krelkan Townsman and hides in the darkest parts in the mountains with other members of the Krelkans, being mad at anyone approaching him. He is also really religous and visits a shrine of Terra every week to pray. That has one major reason: He lost, whats most important to him to a fire in his house: His family. He didnt know who was starting the fire but is filled with madness and depression. And because of the destruction after the fire, he needed to find a new home, which he did further away in a city in the mountains. Some members of his old city weren't happy about him leaving them, becaus even tough that he was just a normal townsman and a good trader, he had a lot of skills with his sword and the other Krelkans felt safe with him. But they couldn't change his mind. So they told him about some citys where he could live. So he moved there, but still after his arrival, he still didnt show any emotion. The only feeling, that he felt, is sadness, anger and fear. Only his friends see his good side. sometimes he visits some of his members, but in the main time, no one really knows what he doing. Only people of the Drahl culture can visit him.Daracnos is a mysterious townsman and trader with brown eyes and enough determination and to stop an entire army. And something really important about him is: He never breaks a promise. Never.

Oct 28, 2020
Switzerland
-Daracnos is a krelkan Townsman and was born in an krelkan village far awayin the mountains. His Father was a Sheriff, which is why he has some good skills with his sword, and his mother was an usual Townswoman. After his parents died, he got their house and moved in with his wife and kids. But now he hides in the darkest parts in the mountains with other members of the Krelkans, being mad at anyone approaching him. He turned out to be really religous and visits the shrine of Terra every week to pray. That has one major reason: He lost, whats most important to him to a fire in his house: His family. He didnt know who was starting the fire but is filled with madness and depression. And because of the destruction after the fire, he needed to find a new home, which he did further away in a city in the mountains. Some members of his old city weren't happy about him leaving them, becaus even tough that he was just a normal townsman and a good trader, he had a lot of skills with his sword and the other Krelkans felt safe with him. But they couldn't change his mind. So they told him about some citys where he could live. So he moved there, but still after his arrival, he still didnt show any emotion. The only feeling, that he felt, is sadness, anger and fear. Only his friends see his good side. sometimes he visits some of his members, but in the main time, no one really knows what he doing. Only people of the Drahl culture can visit him.Daracnos is a mysterious townsman and trader with brown eyes and enough determination and to stop an entire army. And something really important about him is: He never breaks a promise. Never.

Is this one good, because i also told his origin.

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server. Thank you for staying with me, and for fixing up your app.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.