ACCEPTED Zeonura's White-list application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2016
Dreamland
OOC Information:
Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.

MC Username- zackarypapas

How old are you?- 16

What is your favorite color?- Pink

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yep.

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- I'd have to say rule 7. As I quite often hate it when all my work on building something is just torn down by another player.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- Eh, maybe rule 16? I want to be able to at least share the IP of a server I enjoy with a friend, so that they don't have to spend the time googling it.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- Was looking for a fantasy minecraft server on Google, it came up rather quickly. Decided to look into it.

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?- I have played Aethier fro about... eh, 3 Months? Otherwise, my experience with Role-Playing lies mostly in forum based stuff.

Definitions:
If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?- Roleplaying, as I see it, is when a group of people come together and make up another world; and have adventures. I also think it's a good way of expressing ones artistic opinion, and for getting to know people better. (Plus it lets one do some cool stuff that we are normally incapable of IRL)

What is Metagaming?- Metagaming is when a player takes OOC knowledge into an IC environment and attempts to use it to their own advantage.

What is Powergaming?- Powergaming is when a player intentionally makes an overpowered character, or otherwise forces actions to be taken for other players.

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- OOC is Out of Character, IC is In Character, and IRL is In Real Life.
IC Information:
Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name- Frilldonne Malkir

Characters Age- 19 years old

Characters Race- Drahl (Raised by Oserians)

Characters Sex (Male or female)- Female

Characters Biography (This is where you can get creative. Write down your characters story from birth to present time. Use lore and follow the server timeline, and events. Must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long)
"Let us look back through time, and we shall see what we shall see." said the Witch-Doctor, cackling to herself. "You may wish to hold onto something, dear. This can get quite dizzying." he warned. However, Frilldonne was still caught off guard; and nearly fell to the ground as the thick smoke-like fog rolled into the air. A whooshing sound, like a gust of wind, suddenly blew around them; and then a bright golden flash of light. Suddenly, they weren't standing the old and damp shack anymore; they were in a small town. Frilldonne recognized the town. It was her hometown, where she was orphaned. "Oi, there she is." the Witch-Doctor said, pointing somewhere to Frilldonne's right. She turned, and saw a lone Drahl woman. Who, now that she got a good look at the woman, looked an awful lot like Frilldonne. "That would be your mother. She's the reason we are here, yes?" asked the Witch-Doctor, "No, not for her. I just want to know Why I was orphaned. Not by who." Frilldonne replied coldly. "Ah, I see. So then, shall we skip ahead a little?" the Witch-Doctor said as he waved his hand in the air, and the world shimmered for a moment; then, they were standing in front of what looked like a temple. The Drahl woman was there too, and what Frilldonne hadn't noticed before was the baby girl she was carrying in her arms; as if it was the most important thing in the world. Frilldonne shivered, just thinking about the woman made her uneasy. The Drahl woman knocked on the door of the temple, put the baby girl on the ground gently. She then quickly tucked a letter into the cloth that the baby was loosely wrapped in, then ran. The woman ran so fast, Frilldonne didn't even have time to get out of the way. She passed straight through her, and Frilldonne noticed the woman was crying. The Witch-Doctor cackled to himself, and said "So, that's it. Eh? Kind of... Anti-Climatic, don't ya think?". "I... don't know. What does the letter say...?" Frilldonne said as she leaned down to grab at the letter. However, she forgot it was an illusion; so her hand passed through both the baby and the letter in a faint shimmer of light. "So, is that all you really wanted? Was the letter? Hah! I can do that." the Witch-Doctor said while waving his hand through the air. The scene shimmered again, but this time they ended up inside the temple. One of the priestesses was cradling the baby, while the person who looked like the head-priest was reading the letter. The Witch-Doctor put his hands in the air, and time froze. Well, the Illusion did anyway. Frilldonne quickly walked up behind the head-priest, and quickly read the letter. The letter read: "Before I write out Why I was giving up my child, please keep her nonetheless; even if what you read scares you. Now that is out of the way, I should write of Why I am giving up my child in such a manner, if at all. My reasoning is thus: My people feared her as an Omen of the end times. Or, at least the end of the tribe. And as such, they wanted to kill her; in hopes that it would prevent the calamity. While this may seem... Crazy, I think the word is, to you; it is simply the way of our culture. So please, keep her safe; and raise her as best you can." The letter was signed, but Frilldonne couldn't read it; which might have been due to the fact that the scene was fading. "Ah, that seems to be time up. Thank you for your business, but I have many customers; and they need servicing as well." the Witch-Doctor said abruptly, and Frilldonne walked out of the damp and musty shack; and out into what felt like a blinding ray of sunlight.

Frilldonne's memories were still fuzzy from that time, but she managed to recall them most of the way. She smiled to herself, as she worked the large spool of string in front of her into a fine cloth; but as she looked down at the cloth, she realized something. Was the witch-doctor using Magic, or did he simply make her see the things she wanted too. And if he was indeed using magic, where could she possibly learn some of that? It would make her life an awful lot easier... She shook the idea from her mind. "If I'm going to learn anything like magic, I will use it to help others; not myself." Frilldonne whispered to herself. "But it would make spinning all this cloth at least take less of the day..." She then mumbled to herself.
Character Traits & Ambitions- Traits: Quiet, Occasionally Cold, Independent Ambitions: To learn something like magic to help other people, and to learn how to spin beautiful cloth and clothes from many different materials.

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses- Strengths: Emotionally Independent, Good at spinning Cloth, Quiet. Weaknesses: Physically weak, Stubborn, Cautious.

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)- Frilldonne has heavy black hair that she lets flow how it wants to, which means it tends to rest almost evenly across her face. She has gray-blue eyes, that shine let gemstones when she is focused. She is very pale, and looks slightly thin; and so her face has a sharp but elegant look to it. She looks like she is in her 20s. While she is somewhat short, only standing at 5'2", she usually wears a gray robe that is tied at her waist.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.
[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

With sudden speed that she has found herself with a few times, she pulled out a spool of cloth and netted the man that was chasing the woman. The man stepped on the long and heavy white cloth, bringing his own head downwards, and he fell. Frilldonne quickly tied the cloth, and made sure the man wouldn't get out without outside aid. "Now what...?" Frilldonne mumbles to herself as she looks to the woman, who is still freaking out somewhat. Frilldonne walked up to the woman slowly and said "It's alright, he isn't going anywhere now. Go on, go get a guard. I'll make sure no one comes to 'save' him." The woman then ran off towards the gate, which was only a good 30 yards from where she was. Frilldonne wondered why the guards at the gate didn't hear anything, but apparently they did; because before the woman even reached the gate a couple of guards ran towards Frilldonne and the man in the makeshift sack. One of the guards quickly un-tied the cloth, and the other pointed a spear at the mans throat. The man quickly surrendered and the guards carried him off. The woman was nowhere to be found after that, and Frilldonne felt like she had enough of the already to put up with questions from the guards; so she continued walking home.

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Grimacing slightly, Frilldonne still buys the food and eats it; prepared for the worst. However, her night was strangely more... Interesting after that. While nothing came her way to harm her, she did feel as if something was watching her. However, it did not feel menacing; instead it felt like it was simply keeing watch, as if trying to protect her. However, she quickly refocused her mind on her job: Spinning cloth. She spent most of the night spinning cloth, but eventually went to sleep around midnight. Her night was otherwise uneventful, except a strange dream involving a strange mechanism that flung large balls of iron; accomponied by loud bangs. She still isn't sure what that dream was about.
[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next to a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldier's pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

Frilldonne put the blade down, either way she wouldn't need it. She helped the soldier with his wounds, and wrapped the dead soldier in a thick cloth of cotton; she quiet spoke a prayer to the soldier's body, then lit the cotton ablaze. The other soldier stared into the flames, seemingly seeing something more then just fire and cloth. Frilldonne made a gesture to imply that they should leave him to rest here, and the soldier silently nodded in an agreement. The soldier dug a small hole in the ground while they waited for the body to finish burning. After the fire went out, all that was left was ash and charred armor. She helped the soldier move the ashes and armor into the hole, and they buried. She said another small prayer, then picked up her sword; and walked away. Feeling that she needs some rest, she returns to the camp she made away from the battlefield.

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]: Other then the fact that I corrected some of your own grammar errors, not much. Just that this took longer then I thought it would.

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello. I am NTE and I shall be reviewing your application today.

I found the way you explained your character's backstory very interesting. :)

Your application has been... ACCEPTED

Welcome to the world of Esna.

Status
Not open for further replies.