ZeroMeeco's whitelist application

TacoCat

Jul 7, 2019
United States
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - zeromeeco

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 8434923d-45ef-4342-823e-39fe50bf826e

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 22

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I googled 'medieval minecraft roleplay server' as im looking for a new one and yours was a bit down page 1

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes. Ive been roleplaying in various forms, Steam, minecraft, various other games, and tabletop games, for the last 8 or 9 years

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I think I first roleplayed on a minecraft server back in my sophomore year of highschool and that server, and the friends I made from it, helped shape a lot of my views and gave me some of the best memories of my highschool experience due to the friends I made there. Ive always loved playing minecraft RP and being able to create and explore and make friends and I miss being able to do that. The last time I was on a real server was probably almost two years ago and Ive been looking for a new one ever since.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Playing as a character that you or someone else created in a world that, in this case, is virtual and hand made

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Forcing actions upon other players without giving them the chance to respond or retaliate

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Taking info gained OOC and using it for IC use

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A more or less 'perfect' character without flaws a

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer - Carlow Greyfellow

Answer - 27

Culture:

Answer - Korsian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Carlow started life like many in that part of the world, the son of a merchant. While his family wasnt rich, neither were they poor, they were one of the increasingly rare middle class in the society and were well on their way to upper class as his father was one of the trusted hands of one of the leaders of a merchant guild. Growing up and learning how to barter and price items was extremely difficult for Carlow, to the point his father even kicked him out of the house one night when he found out that 15 year old Carlow had nearly traded a bucket of rare gems for a pile of fake crystals. On that night Carlow came across a groupd heading into the desert to look for a lost ruin. Wanting out of town he joined up with them, it was 2 years before he returned. On the trip he became good friends with the groups cartographer and from her he learned how map areas, fascinated with how much information could be conveyed on the paper with so few words. After a year of travelling the desert, visiting small towns, and finding raided caravans, the group came to the conclusion that if they didnt find the ruins in 6 months then they would turn around and head back. A year later they returned to Carlows hometown and while the group overall was disheartened at the failure, Carlow himself was happy that now he had a skill to take back to his father as he'd become an adept Cartographer from mapping the deserts they passed and the towns they entered. Feeling inspired now that he believed he could do something he tackled his fathers tasks in earnest. Years later at the age of 25 his father brought him into his office along with his siblings and let his kids know that he would be retiring and Carlows older brother would be taking over the family business. When his brother took over the business a couple years later his first act was to disown Carlow. He'd never liked how his younger brother wasnt as good as the rest of the family at the merchant business and, while he did love his younger brother, wanted him to get better since he believed he would fail in life without the skills to successfully run a store. Thus we find Carlow out on his own, travelling the roads, and making maps of the area's he's travelling as he never lost the passion for his hobby, and looking to one day open up a successful store of his own to show his brother that he is good enough to be considered as a member of the trading family.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Carlow would look between the fleeing bandit and the bleeding woman, it would take only a second for him to yell for help inside of the tavern and rush down the alleyway towards the girl. While he'd seen his share of scraps over the years he was primarily a talker and didnt have the build of a seasoned fighter. What he lacked in fighting skill though he had just enough sense left to call for help and knew enough basic medicine to know to press fabric on the girls wound to stem the blood flow and lay her down until the doctor arrived, summoned by the tavern folk

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Arriving in the camp he would first look around to find a place to leave his donkey and the wares on it, if there was such a place, before going through and looking at the stalls. While not having much money to his name he would look around for pieces that he could trade for cheap, and hopefully go back and resell in the city. After perusing the main shopping section of the camp he would take his paper and quill and go through the camp, mapping out main pathways and particularly successfully temporary shops. After this he would copy the map onto several more pages and go around selling the copied camp maps to those who were lost or just arriving, or trying to find somewhere to lay down, all in hopes of making some extra coin.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: Thank her for the offer but refuse the meal itself as Carlow wouldnt want to accidentally poison himself on food he wasnt used to, and not get poisoned by the old crone possibly wanting him dead or to drug him. Afterwards he'd heft his pack, or grab his donkeys lead, and walk further along, looking for a place to sleep for the night and, in the worst case scenario, hiding in a tree for the night if he thought that someone was following him

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Carlow would wipe the dirt and blood from his eyes to make sure he was seeing what he was seeing. Looking over the field of dead and dying, the enemy approaching in the distance, he would sheath his sword, bid the poor fellow a last look, and then take off running back to his lines. He wouldnt have wanted to be there in the first place if he could've avoided it and never enjoyed fighting or killing in the first place.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?
Answer: Try to make the best of a bad situation. He wouldve gotten lost trying to map out a northern land and upon finding out that the village wasnt very welcoming trying to get a room at the inn and keeping to himself until he could find a place to restock and, once the storm subsided, get out of town

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
Great application! I must advise to consider branching out with your character, though. Cartography isn't likely to be all that demanding in a poverty and sickness ridden atmosphere.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.